Vodka & Gin Martini 101
The Martini is back. It’s Hot Girl Summer full of fancy fish in a tin, Martinis, and Barbi outfits.
But we’re not here to talk about Kardashian latex dresses or where to find caviar, we’re here to talk Martini 101.
Having Martini’s out at restaurants is fantastic, but how do we make those damn drinks taste better at home. You follow our Martini 101 guide that’s how!
- Pick quality spirits. Gin, Vodka, Vermouth, Bitters - they should all be quality.
- Keep your coupe glass cold in the freezer or fridge.
- Stirring with quality ice keeps your martini that luxurious velvety texture.
- Whether you’re going dirty or straight a lemon twist gives a lovely freshness in each sip.
- Tweak to your liking. If you like a little olive brine or extra vermouth or no vermouth, tweak to your personal flavor.
OUR FAVORITE CLASSIC MARTINI RECIPE
- 2.5 fl oz Quality Gin
- .75 fl oz Quality Dry Vermouth
- 2 dashes Orange bitters
- Lemon & olive
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass
- Add Ice
- Stir until very cold
- Strain out into a cold coupe glass
- Express a lemon twist and toss an olive in there